The 8th annual Osoyoos Oyster Festival is back under new stewardship, searching for the best oyster wine pairing in the South Okanagan. Along with bragging rights and unique oyster shell medals for the bronze, silver and gold winners, the overall winning winery will also earn a money-can’t-buy prize of two invitations to the Outlandish Oyster retreat on Quadra Island in June.
Outlandish’s exclusive invite-only event offers the winning winery the chance to meet, mingle, shuck and feast with influential chefs, seafood advocates, oyster farmers and fishmongers from across Canada on a two-day adventure in the Discovery Islands. The retreat includes an island lunch, boat tour to learn about oyster growing, beach seafood BBQ and plenty of oysters! Accommodation will also be provided overnight at the Heriot Bay Inn.
· Samantha Rahn, Fine Wine Ambassador for Select Wines (Head Judge)
· Sebastien Le Goff, Cactus Club, Vice-President, service and head sommelier
· Joanne Sasvari, writer, author and editor of Vitis Magazine
· Lindsay Kaisaris, BC wine buyer for Jak’s Beer, Wine and Spirits
· Matt Wentzell, Experience Wine Tours
· Shanyn Ward buyer Cask & Barrel
· Mark Filatow, Waterfront Wines
NEED TO KNOW
· Wines will be blind-tasted comparing like-with-like using a 20-point scale.
· We are inviting submissions from the regions of
Naramata Bench, Okanagan Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos, and the Similkameen Valley.